CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time flies.

Time flies! - it's been almost 4 months since last post.
Lots have happened over the last few months: graduation, parents' visit, stepping into the working world.

Not being a student has a lot of significance. No more student bus fare, no more 3 months summer holidays, no more free labour!
I've been working for a month now and it's been such a learning experience.
I learnt:
- how to hold a 6 weeks old baby
- there are many teats to a baby bottle
- how to warm up and check temperature of baby milk
- how fast babies' heart beat is
- to wrap a baby/small child with bedsheet to 'restrain' them during procedure!
- there are many different families and parenting styles
- babies/young kids drink so much milk!
- kids run around - you cannot expect the person in bed is actually your patient.
- kids' oral meds are oh so colourful
- the importance of being trusted by babies and kids
- 5 min procedure can take 30 min
- almost all kids like wiggles

So I'm starting my first ever night shifts tonight. I've already put lots of chocolates and candies in my bag.
Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah..so you're in progress on getting pro at this..next time gota consider hiring u as my kids' nanny LOL!