CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Winter Wonderland

It's been a while since I saw sunshine. After a 12 hr sleep post night shifts, I decided to take myself for a nice walk at the Botanic garden to have 'me' time. With a nice cup of warm chai latte in hand, the weather was just perfect. Not too cold, but just nice for a little walk.

It was my second time in 6 years at the Botanic garden. I remember the first time was with Addielle, we somehow decided to take a walk there to take some pictures.
I saw quite a few pretty things this time, like this arch. I don't know what it's meant to be but I thought it was pretty. I didn't have a fancy camera to take photos with but I thought my camera phone can serve its purpose. There I was walking in the park in the midst of couples kissing and grandma and grandpa walking hand in hand, but meh, I had fun walking around by myself too.
I found this big tree in the middle of an open field and this random thought came to my head and wondered how it's like to be a tiny drawf in snow white! So I sat down and looked up and took a photo.
I also saw this cherry blossom look-alike tree. I've seen this around my house too and always wondered what tree it was, but too bad there wasn't any description of the tree at the garden either. I used to believe cherries grew on cherry blossom trees until about 4th grade. I really want to go to Japan in April during the cherry blossom season. It's really really pretty! It'd be so nice to have a picnic there with petals flying in the air with each wind. Ahhh I need a holiday again.

I spent about an hr at the garden today. I want to go back during spring when flowers are blooming to have a picnic there - hint hint Moses.

0 comments: