CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

All natural.

Ohh look at the weather outside! It's so a picnic weather. But since I'm stuck at home doing assignments, I decided to go out to my backyard and enjoy the sun with my little children who are all 10 weeks old this weekend. So it was 10 weeks ago that I had a sudden spastic idea of planting flowers and vegetables in my backyard. Well I did all the choosing of the plants and Moses had to do all the farming (good for his muscles!). They were oh-so-tiny (about 5cm) when we first bought them, but tadahh..they are like bushes now! By the way, the first picture on the left is not weeds, but they are Jack the broccolis x7. Their waist circumference is about 2+cm now, so they are not for eating yet but hopefully in a few months time they'll be on our dinner table. Oh imagine eating your children urgh. I remember they survived through weeks after weeks of heavy rain and even hail..which makes me a proud mother. The next one on the right is Billy the lettuce trio. I think they've grown healthy and big, and they'll make it to our dinner table as fresh salads very soon *muwahha*. The first Billy in the line was the smallest of the three but he's slowly catching up with the other two brothers. Last but not the least for today's post is Betty the red rose! She was bald and naked when she first came to the garden but she's beginning to grow some hair (leaves) now. The reason for planting her and her sister Florence (white rose) was so that Moses wouldn't need to go and buy me flowers but instead he can just cut some from the backyard. Ha, being economical here! But you know, it wasn't all happy stories in my little garden. Jack the snowpeas have passed away during their 3rd week of being with us, and Moses the farmer had accidentally plucked out Jack one time mistaking him for weeds. Nonetheless, the remaining children are growing bigger and stronger, and not to forget, they are organic pesticide and fertiliser-free! But because of that some caterpillars (black and big and hairy!) like to chew on the leaves of Patricks and I had to scoop up the monsters and throw them over the fence to the neighbour's yard! (haha sorry! I tried putting them away in the corner of my backyard but they came back to Patrick the next day). Anyway...happy 10-weeks birthday kids!

2 comments:

KongY said...

yoshimi ichikawa! how can you called little keith monsters!!!!!

hahaha mosquito actually pluck them out?..hehehe thats funny

joannies said...

hey i'm confused! is ur broccoli Jack or Patrick?